Preparation: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 5-10 minutes
- Dried seaweed: Amount depending on preference
- Miso paste: 3 tbsp
- Water: 4 cups
- Mushrooms: Any kind and amount depends on preference
- Scallions: 1 stem. Thinly slice white part and put in soup. Green part to garnish later
- Medium-firm tofu: Amount and size depends on preference
Making the soup
- Boil 4 cups of water in a kettle then pour in a medium size pot or boil from pot on high until it boils. I find the kettle is faster
- Break the seaweed into small bits as it will expand once in water. I used 1 tbsp amount of dried seaweed.
- Slice mushrooms and put into the pot with the water. I used 2 white mushrooms.
- Add the white part of the scallion and tofu into the soup. I used about 60g of tofu.
- Once soup boils, scoop the water into a small bowl and mix it with the miso paste until fully dissolves then pour into the pot. Stir well. For a salty taste, use 3.5-4tbsp of paste.
Once soup is hot, you are done! Garnish with scallion greens and ground pepper. This soup can be simplified with just tofu. Other ingredients are optional.