Preparation: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- Zucchini: 1 medium size, grated with skin on
- Carrot: 1 medium size, grated without skin
- Russel potato: 1 medium size, grated without skin
- Scallion: 1 stem, chopped finely
- Salt and pepper
- Chinese vinegar
- Lao Gan Ma chili sauce
- Granulated sugar
- Garlic: 4 cloves, minced
- Eggs: 2-4
- All Purpose Flour: 1-1.25 cup
- Soy sauce
- Cucumber: 1 dill or 1/4 English cucumber
- Cooking oil
- Wash all produce and peel the carrot and potato.
- Chop the scallion and mince the garlic
- Grate the zucchini, carrot, and potato
- Julienne the cucumber thinly about 2mm thick and 2.5″ length wise
Making the sauce
- In a small dish, add the garlic and cucumber, pour vinegar until covers the garlic and cucumber. Add some sugar, soy sauce and chili to taste. Mix and taste.
Making the pancake
- In a large bowl, combine the zucchini, carrot, potato, scallion and 2 eggs. Stir. Add 1 cup of flour slowly. Continue to mix. If batter is too wet, add more flour and if it is dry, add egg. Refrain from using water if batter is dry or the pancake will break easily when cooking later. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a large pan, drizzle some cooking oil generously and tilt pan to evenly cover pan with oil so batter won’t stick while cooking.
- Spread batter on pan and press down with a spatula and cook like a pancake. Cook 2-3 minutes each side on medium-high or until cooked. Can make 3 pancakes.
- Place pancake on a plate and serve like a pizza or roll it and cut in sushi serving-like size.
Plate pancake and garnish with scallion, dill, cilantro, parsley etc. whatever that is available. Serve with sauce. Enjoy!