Serings: 2 Preparation time: 10 minutes Cooking time: 20-30 minutes Ingredients Pork chops: 300g Bacon: 1-2 slices Baby spinach: 60g Garlic: 2 cloves Shallot: 1 Baby bok choy: 340g White rice: 1.5 cups Apple cider vinegar: 15ml Maple syrup: 15ml Cooking oil Salt and pepper Spice blend Garlic […]
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 25 minutes
- Pork chops: 300-350g
- Sweet potatoes: 550g; Can substitute with yam or potatoes
- Shallot: 1 or 1/4 of yellow onion
- Chives: 1 bunch (optional); can substitute with parsley or cilantro, etc.
- Kale: 1 bunch
- Apple cider vinegar: 15ml
- Worcestershire sauce: 10ml
- All-purpose flour: 1.5 tbsp
- Maple butter: 10ml
- La Grille Pork Seasoning: 10g
- Cooking oil
- Salt and pepper
- Butter: 1tbsp
Preparing the ingredients
- Wash and dry all produce
- Peel and medium dice potatoes
- Remove kale leaves from stems and cut into ribbons
- Peel, halve and thinly slice shallot
- Thinly slive chives or desired chosen garnish herb
Making the mash
- In a large pot, boil water with 1/2 tsp of salt
- Add potatoes and cook for 16 minutes, or until tender
- Reserve 1/2 cup of cooking water and drain the rest
- Mash potatoes and add some reserved water gradually, as needed for desired texture. Add 5ml of maple butter
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside
Cooking the pork
- In a large pan, drizzle cooking oil on medium-high
- Pat pork chops dry with paper towel and season with 1/3 spice mix. Add salt and pepper to taste
- Add pork chops to pan and cook 3-5 minutes per side until nicely browned and cooked thoroughly
- Transfer to plate and set aside
Cooking the kale
- While pork is cooking, in a second large pan, heat a drizzle of cooking oil on medium-high
- Add 1/2 of the shallots and cook, stirring frequently for about 1 minute, until fragrant
- Add kale and half of the vinegar
- Stir frequently for 3 minutes, or until wilted and season with the remaining spice mix. Salt and pepper to taste
Making the gravy
- Using the same pan as the one you used to cook the pork, melt 1tbso of butter on medium
- Stir frequently adding flour slowly and cook for 1-2 minutes until golden brown
- Add the remaining shallots and cook for 1 minute, until fragrant
- Add the Worcestershire sauce and remaining vinegar, half the chives and 3/4 cup of water. Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer
- Cook until gravy thickens
Plate by placing mashed potatoes on half of plate, cut meat over mashed potatoes and kale next to the mashed potatoes. Drizzle the gravy over the meat, garnish with left over chives and enjoy!
Servings: 2 Preparation time: 10 minutes Cooking time: 25 mins Ingredients Carrots: 1 red, 1 white; 300g total Cilantro: 10g or 6 sprigs Onion: 1 Zucchini: 1 Apple: 1 Coconut milk: 165ml Tomato paste: 213ml Brown sugar: 5g Couscous: 100g with 1 cup of boiling water Curry […]
Servings: 2 Preparation time: 10 minutes Cooking time: 10 minutes Ingredients Sapporo Ichiban chow mein yakisoba: 2 packages Tofu: 80g Celery: 1 stalk, cut diagonally, small slices White mushrooms: 3, slice thinly Carrot: 1/2 medium carrot; cut in 3″ lengthwise, 2mm width thin slices Cabbage: 1/8 of a […]
Preparation: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 5-10 minutes
- Dried seaweed: Amount depending on preference
- Miso paste: 3 tbsp
- Water: 4 cups
- Mushrooms: Any kind and amount depends on preference
- Scallions: 1 stem. Thinly slice white part and put in soup. Green part to garnish later
- Medium-firm tofu: Amount and size depends on preference
Making the soup
- Boil 4 cups of water in a kettle then pour in a medium size pot or boil from pot on high until it boils. I find the kettle is faster
- Break the seaweed into small bits as it will expand once in water. I used 1 tbsp amount of dried seaweed.
- Slice mushrooms and put into the pot with the water. I used 2 white mushrooms.
- Add the white part of the scallion and tofu into the soup. I used about 60g of tofu.
- Once soup boils, scoop the water into a small bowl and mix it with the miso paste until fully dissolves then pour into the pot. Stir well. For a salty taste, use 3.5-4tbsp of paste.
Once soup is hot, you are done! Garnish with scallion greens and ground pepper. This soup can be simplified with just tofu. Other ingredients are optional.
Servings: 3 Preparation: 15 minutes Cooking time: 20 minutes Ingredients Zucchini: 1 medium size, grated with skin on Carrot: 1 medium size, grated without skin Russel potato: 1 medium size, grated without skin Scallion: 1 stem, chopped finely Salt and pepper Chinese vinegar Lao Gan Ma chili sauce […]
Serving: 2 Preparation: 10 minutes Cooking time: 45 minutes – 1 hr Ingredients Chicken drumsticks: 5-6 Shrimps: 150g Yellow onion: 1/2 Garlic: 1 clove Arborio rice: 3/4 cup Chorizo: 45g (precut) Chicken concentrate: 3/4 tbsp + 3 cups of water Mango and lime salsa: 4 […]
Preparation: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- Cooking oil: 1tbsp
- Salt and pepper
- Granulated Sugar: 1tbsp
- Brown sugar: 1 tsp
- Minced or grated garlic: 4 cloves
- Lime: 1. 1tbsp for sauce
- Fish sauce: 1 tbsp + 1 tsp
- Carrot: 2.5 inch
- Chinese chili garlic sauce: 1/8-1/2 tsp depending on how spicy you want it
- Skinless, boneless chicken thighs: 4
- Lemongrass: 2 tbsp minced. I buy a large bag of pre-minced.
- Jasmine rice: 1.5 cups of rice with 2 cups of water
- Eggs: 4 large
- Cilantro: 10 sprigs chopped finely
- Green onions: 1 stem chopped finely
- Cabbage: 1/2 of a cabbage
- Chicken concentrate: 1 tsp with 1/2 cup of water
Cooking the rice
- Wash and drain rice. 1.5 cups of rice to 2 cups of water in a rice cooker
Marinating the chicken
- Wash and pat dry with paper towel. Place in a medium-size bowl to marinate.
- Combine: 1 tbsp of cooking oil, 2 tbsp of minced lemongrass, lime zest, 1 tsp of lime juice, 1 tsp of soy sauce, 1 clove of minced garlic, 1 tsp of fish sauce
- Toss chicken evenly
Making the fish sauce
- In a small bowl, combine: 3 tbsp of water, 1 tbsp of fish sauce, 1tbsp of lime juice, 1 tbsp granulated sugar, 1/4 tsp of Chinese chili garlic sauce, 1 clove of minced garlic. Mix until sugar dissolves. Cut 2.5″ of carrot. Peel and julienne into thin toothpick like sizes for garnish.
- Chop cilantro, garlic, green onions
- Slice Chinese sausages into thin slice
- Julienne cabbage
Cooking the chicken thighs
- Drizzle some cooking oil in a large cooking pan and cook marinated chicken thighs for about 10-12 minutes on each side with a total of 20-24 minutes
Cooking the vegetables
- Scrambled 3 large eggs in a bowl. Drizzle some cooking oil in medium-size pan under medium high heat. Pour scrambled eggs over pan and let it sit for about 2 minutes, or until bottom layer starts to cook, leaving undisturbed. Use chopsticks to stir to break eggs into fluffy chunks of desired size. Cook for another 1-2 minutes and remove from pan into the previous bowl.
- Drizzle some cooking oil. Cook green onions, 2 cloves of minced garlic, cilantro, and Chinese sausages for about 30 seconds. Combine cabbages and chicken broth and cook for about 5-8 minutes, or until tender. Flavor with some ground black pepper. No salt neeed.
- Break 1 egg into pan and stir with chopsticks. This final egg binds the fluffy eggs and cabbages together. Cook until broth evaporates, stirring frequently.
Plate cooked rice, vegetables, and chicken. Drizzle the homemade fish sauce over the chicken and rice and enjoy!
Servings: 2 Preparation: 15 minutes Cooking time: 25 minutes Ingredients Butter: 1 tbsp Salt and pepper Cooking or olive oil Beef steak: about 340g Potatoes and or yam: about 350-450g Green onions: 2 stems Dill: 10g/ 2 tbsp Peppercorn: whole or ground, 10g Coriander seeds: 10g […]