Servings: 3 Preparation: 5 minutes Cooking time: 5-10 minutes Ingredients Dried seaweed: Amount depending on preference Miso paste: 3 tbsp Water: 4 cups Mushrooms: Any kind and amount depends on preference Scallions: 1 stem. Thinly slice white part and put in soup. Green part to garnish […]
Servings: 3 Preparation: 15 minutes Cooking time: 20 minutes Ingredients Zucchini: 1 medium size, grated with skin on Carrot: 1 medium size, grated without skin Russel potato: 1 medium size, grated without skin Scallion: 1 stem, chopped finely Salt and pepper Chinese vinegar Lao Gan Ma chili sauce […]
Preparation: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes – 1 hr
- Chicken drumsticks: 5-6
- Shrimps: 150g
- Yellow onion: 1/2
- Garlic: 1 clove
- Arborio rice: 3/4 cup
- Chorizo: 45g (precut)
- Chicken concentrate: 3/4 tbsp + 3 cups of water
- Mango and lime salsa: 4 tbsp
- Sugar snap peas: 1 cup, chopped into 1cm width
- Smoked paprika: 1 tsp
- Cilantro: 10 sprigs, finely chopped
- Cherry tomatoes: 130g
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- Basil: to garnish
- Cooking oil
- Lime: 1
- Preheat oven to 425 F
- Finely chop 1/2 of the onion and garlic
- Mix chicken concentrate with water
- Prepare the shrimps. I used peeled and cooked shrimps to save time
Cooking the chicken
- Wash and dry the chicken with paper towel and season with smoked paprika, salt, and pepper. Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side. Place on baking pan lined with parchment paper and bake for 25-35 minutes, or until completely cooked.
Cooking the rice
- Drizzle some cooking oil into a large pan and add finely chopped onion and garlic with the chorizo. Cook for about 1 minute, until fragrant.
- Add 3/4 cup of rice and salsa, stirring and cooking for 1 minute
- Pour in 2 cups of the chicken broth, reserving 1 cup. Season well with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes under low heat. Stir and add remaining broth if needed so rice is al dente. If you want a crust under the rice, don’t stir.
- Add cherry tomatoes and cover lid for the mentioned duration of time
Finishing the dish
- Place the chicken drumsticks into rice pan along with shrimps, cilantro, and sugar snap peas. May use peas for a softer texture and sugar peas for a nice crunch
- Cook for about 2 minutes, or until shrimp is no longer cold. If you over cook, shrimps will harden and overcook. If you use uncooked shrimps, cook for about 5 minutes, or until shrimp turns pink
- Zest lime over meal and squeeze some lime juice for a bright, citric taste
- Garnish with dry or fresh basil and ground pepper
Eat from pan or transfer to plate and enjoy!
Servings: 2 Preparation: 15 minutes Cooking time: 30 minutes Ingredients Cooking oil: 1tbsp Salt and pepper Granulated Sugar: 1tbsp Brown sugar: 1 tsp Minced or grated garlic: 4 cloves Lime: 1. 1tbsp for sauce Fish sauce: 1 tbsp + 1 tsp Carrot: 2.5 inch Chinese chili […]
Servings: 2 Preparation: 15 minutes Cooking time: 25 minutes Ingredients Butter: 1 tbsp Salt and pepper Cooking or olive oil Beef steak: about 340g Potatoes and or yam: about 350-450g Green onions: 2 stems Dill: 10g/ 2 tbsp Peppercorn: whole or ground, 10g Coriander seeds: 10g […]
Preparation: 5 minutes
Cooking: 25 minutes
- Boneless, skinless chicken thighs: 4
- Spinach: 200g. Snip spinach leaves and cut stems into 2 inches length
- Dill: 6 sprigs, cut into small pieces
- Yellow Onion: 1/2 large, cut into thin slices
- Basmati rice: 157g
- Apple cider vinegar: 20 ml
- Dried currants: 35g
- Labneh/sour cream or plain yogurt: 4-6tbsp
- Lime: zest, 1/4 lime more or less of juice
- Curry spice mix
- Simply organic curry powder: 2 tsp
- Ground pepper: 1/2 tsp
- Kosher salt: 1/4 tsp
- Fennel seeds: 1/2 tsp
- Roughly chop dills
- Slice onions thinly
- Wash spinach and break spinach leaves, cut the stems to about 2″ long length wise
Making the dip
- Using labneh, sour cream or plain yogurt, scoop 4-6 tbsp. Zest lime. Add some lime juice (optional). Add 1/2 of the chopped dill and season with salt and pepper
Cooking the rice
- Wash the rice until water is clear
- Add 1.5 cups of water and rice into rice cooker. Add dried currants, half of the spice blend, and 1/4 tsp of salt. Stir and let the machine cook
- Heat a large pan and drizzle some cooking oil on medium high
- Add onions, stirring occasionally for 4-6 minutes then season with salt and pepper
- Add apple cider vinegar and 1 tbsp of water
- Continue to cook and stir occasionally for 3-4 minutes until onions are browned and the liquid is reduced
- Combine the spinach, stir occasionally for about 1 minute, season again with salt and pepper
- Combine the rice and mix everything in pan
Cooking the chicken
- Wash and dry the chicken with paper towel then season the chicken with half of the remaining spices and salt and pepper.
- In a large pan, drizzle cooking oil into pan on medium high. Add the chicken to the pan and cook partially covered for 4 to 6 minutes each side
Place the rice on a plate with chicken on top. Garnish the dish with some dill. Enjoy!
Servings: 2 Preparation time: 5 mins Cooking time: 20 mins Ingredients Meatballs: Superstore Italian meatballs 1.8kg for $10. 9 per serving, so 18 meatballs Pasta: Superstore tagliatelle fresh pasta with 1-2 minutes of cooking time. The package comes in 700g. Each serving is 4 bunches, […]
Servings: 2 Preparation time: 30 mins Cooking time: 30 mins Ingredients Chicken breasts: 2 Chorizo sausage: 125g of small cubes Brussel sprouts: 5oz Celery: 1 stalk, cut into small pieces Chickpeas: 1 can (540ml) Yellow onion: Half, minced into small cubes Cherry tomatoes: 6 oz, […]
Size: 8 men
Material: Fingering, Super Fine/ Lion Brand, 2.75mm dpn
Divide DPNS: 28, 14, 14 st each
R1-15: K1P1 ribbing
On the 28sts DPN, work back and forth
Row 1 (RS): Sl1, K to end.
Row 2 (WS): *Sl1, p1* rep to end,
Repeat these 2 rows until finishing 28 rows, ending on WS.
You will now begin to work in the round again.
K28 (heel DPN)
Pick up 14 sts along heel (downwards) For the first st, pick up one column to the right to prevent holes then the rest “V”s are the first V columns. After 14 sts, pick up 2 extra sts making it 16. This will be the 2 horizontal sts between current DPN and next DPN. This will prevent the next hole.
K28 (14 sts x 2 DPNS)
Pick up 2 extra stitches before going up the gusset then 14 sts along the gusset
k2tog at beginning and end of instep to remove the 2 extra sts. K along instep.
Continue to k. Do the same k2tog when you get to the next instep.
When you get back to the heel again, that is the beginning of your row.
Redistribute your DPNS. 1: half heel, left gusset, 3 half heel, right gusset, 2 the rest. A new row will start mid of heel
Round 1: K all around
First needle: k until 3 sts from end of needle, k2tog, k1
Second needle: k across
Third needle: k 1, ssk, k to end of needle
Rep rnds 1-2 until you have 28sts on heel DPN. This will decrease all the insteps and leave you with 56 sts total around entire sock
Knit 28 rows
DPN 1 has half of left heel, DPN 2 has upper foot, DPN 3 has right heel
DPN1: K until last 3 sts, k2tog, k1
DPN2: Ssk, k1 // K until las 3 sts, k2tog, k1
DPN 3: SSk, k1, K the rest
K all around
Repeat Rows 1-2 until you have a total of 28sts
Then repeat round 1 until you have a total of 12 sts
K to the end of Needle 1. Cut yarn and graft toe.