Cooking time: 30 mins
- Potato starch sheets/noodles/japchae noodles/rice vermicelli noodles
- Eggs: 1
- Cucumber: 2 dill or 1/4 – 1/2 English cucumber
- Green onions: 1 stem, finely chopped
- Cilantro: 5 sprigs, finely chopped
- Carrots: 1 small
- Bell pepper: 1/2, julienne
- Pork tenderloin: 150g. Can replace with chicken strips, beef strips, tofu, or liver
- Lotus root: 1/2, julienne
- Chinese sesame paste:
- Lao Gan Ma hot chili sauce:
- Chinese vinegar sauce:
- Chinese bean paste: 62g
- Cooking oil
- Ground pepper
- Depending on what noodle base you are using, prepare according to the package’s instructions. For the potato starch, use 2 sheets, soak in boiling water for half an hour then cut into inch wide strips.
- Finely chop cilantro
- Julienne carrots, bell pepper, and lotus roots. Can substitute with daikon, parsnip, or jicama if there are no lotus roots. Can also add bean sprout, pea shoots or bamboo shoots etc.
- Drizzle some cooking oil into a pan and under medium-high, cook each ingredient from step 3 separately and place on a large plate to assemble later. Each ingredient cooks for about 5-7 minutes, or until tender.
- Scramble egg. Drizzle cooking oil in a pan, pour mixture in a pan under medium-high and let it sit for about 2 minutes. Egg will form into a pancake like texture. Roll the egg from the left side of pan to the right side or vice versa. Let it cool for a few minutes, remove from pan and onto a cutting board. Slice thinly as seen in photo.
Marinating the meat
- Cut tenderloin meat into stir fry sizes and marinate with Chinese bean paste.
- Drizzle cooking in a small pan and stirfry meat under medium-high for about 8 minutes, or until meat is cooked
Making the dressing
- Combine Chinese sesame paste, Lao Gan Ma hot chili sauce, and vinegar into a small dish. Add a small amount of water slowly and mix if you want a more watery texture.
- Place the noodles in a large bowl
- Arrange each prepared ingredients around the bowl, with the eggs on top, in the center of the bowl. Drizzle the sauce around the bowl generously. Garnish with green onions, cilantro, and ground pepper.
- Optional: Can also garnish with coarsely pounded, roasted peanuts, sesame seeds, sesame oil, chili sauce, dried onions, etc.
Mix the ingredients before eating and stir well. Add more sauce as needed. Enjoy!