Servings: 2 Preparation: 15 minutes Cooking time: 25 minutes Ingredients Butter: 1 tbsp Salt and pepper Cooking or olive oil Beef steak: about 340g Potatoes and or yam: about 350-450g Green onions: 2 stems Dill: 10g/ 2 tbsp Peppercorn: whole or ground, 10g Coriander seeds: 10g […]
Servings: 2 Preparation: 5 minutes Cooking: 25 minutes Ingredients Boneless, skinless chicken thighs: 4 Spinach: 200g. Snip spinach leaves and cut stems into 2 inches length Dill: 6 sprigs, cut into small pieces Yellow Onion: 1/2 large, cut into thin slices Basmati rice: 157g Apple cider vinegar: […]
Preparation time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
- Meatballs: Superstore Italian meatballs 1.8kg for $10. 9 per serving, so 18 meatballs
- Pasta: Superstore tagliatelle fresh pasta with 1-2 minutes of cooking time. The package comes in 700g. Each serving is 4 bunches, so 8 bunches total
- White mushrooms: 5 mushrooms cut into preferred size slices
- Bell pepper: any color of choice, 1 large, julienned and cut into smaller lengths as preferred
- Dill: 6 sprig, more or less as preferred
- Herbes de Provence for garnishing
- Honey garlic sauce: premade from Walmart
- Cheddar Alfredo sauce: From Superstore. Can substitute with any desired pasta sauce
Preparing the meat
- Preheat oven to 400 F
- Place parchment paper on large baking tray and place frozen meatballs in neat columns
- Generously coat each meatball with honey garlic sauce
- When ready, bake according to instructions. 10 minutes leaves the meatballs soft and moist and 12 minutes is slightly dry. Cook according to preference
- Remove meatballs from oven, fold parchment paper in half and roll meatballs to spread sauce evenly before serving
Preparing the pasta
- Boil water in a large pot and add 1/4 tsp of salt
- Cut and put mushrooms into the pot as it heats up to cook the mushrooms
- Cut the bell pepper and set aside
- When water boils, cook the tagliatelle for 1-2 minutes. Drain
- Add the dill, bell pepper, and Alfredo sauce. Slowly add sauce and stir. The amount is according to preference. Stir and cook for about 1-3 minutes to warm up the pasta sauce
- Add salt and pepper to taste
Place pasta on the plate, meatballs on top and garnish with Herbes de Provence. Enjoy!
Servings: 2 Preparation time: 30 mins Cooking time: 30 mins Ingredients Chicken breasts: 2 Chorizo sausage: 125g of small cubes Brussel sprouts: 5oz Celery: 1 stalk, cut into small pieces Chickpeas: 1 can (540ml) Yellow onion: Half, minced into small cubes Cherry tomatoes: 6 oz, […]
Baby toques are fast and fun projects when you want to give them as gifts, use up scrap yarns, or make them for charity. I made this post so I can easily refer to the instructions.
I use White Flower Needle’s pattern below.
|Age (in Months)||Cast On||Actual Head Circumference||Hat Circumference||Hat Height|
|0 – 3||60||13” ~ 14”||11.5”||5”|
|3 – 6||80||14” ~ 17”||14.5”||5.5”|
|6 – 12||96||16” ~ 19”||17”||6.5”|
Gauge: 22 sts x 30 rows = 4” x 4” in stocking sts; 4mm
Rounds 1-10: (K1, P1) around.
Round 11: K around.
Repeat Round 11 to reach Round (26, 34, 42) OR the hat measures approx. (3.25”, 3.75”, 5.25”) from the cast on edge.
Start to shape top.
Round 1: (K6, K2tog) around. (56, 70, 84) sts
Round 2: K around.
Round 3: (K5, K2tog) around. (48, 60, 72) sts
Round 4: K around.
Round 5: (K4, K2tog) around. (40, 50, 60) sts
Round 6: K around.
Round 7: (K3, K2tog) around. (32, 40, 48) sts
Round 8: K around.
Round 9: (K2, K2tog) around. (24, 30, 36) sts
Round 10: K around.
Round 11: (K1, K2tog) around. (16, 20, 24) sts
Round 12: K around.
Round 13: (K2tog) around. (8, 10, 12) sts
Cut the yarn about 10 inches ans with a yarn needle, pull the yarn through all the remaining loops, draw up firmly and weave in the wrong side of work.
I also like to use Margaret Olander’s pattern when I am less specific with sizing and have scrap yarn.
|Age (in Months)||Cast On||Hat Height|
Rounds 1-10: (K1, P1) around.
2-3 Rounds: K around.
Knit until specified hat height: plain, alternating colors or with Fair Isle designs
Knit until approximately .5”-1” below desired hat height.
Begin the quickie decreases:
Decrease Row 1: *K1, K2tog* repeat all around
Decrease Row 2: *K2tog* repeat all around
Decrease Row 3: *K2tog* repeat all around
Thread tapestry needle, catch remaining stitches and pull tightly. Secure and weave in all ends
March 3, 19 Cooking: Vegetarian > Zucchini, carrot, and potato pancake Cooking: Soup > Miso soup Cooking: Fish > Pan-seared lime salmon yakisoba March 2, 19 Cooking: Chicken > Spanish paella with chicken, shrimp, and chorizo March 1, 19 Cooking: Chicken > Lemongrass chicken thigh and stir-fried […]
Growing up, my mother would always tell me stories here and there about her experience of pregnancy. She always portrayed herself as silently strong and noble all the way through labour. So I made it my goal to be just as “cool”. She briefly talked […]