Servings: 2 Preparation time: 10 mins Cooking time: 25 minutes Ingredients Pork chops: 300-350g Sweet potatoes: 550g; Can substitute with yam or potatoes Shallot: 1 or 1/4 of yellow onion Chives: 1 bunch (optional); can substitute with parsley or cilantro, etc. Kale: 1 bunch Apple cider vinegar: 15ml […]
Servings: 2 Preparation time: 10 minutes Cooking time: 25 mins Ingredients Carrots: 1 red, 1 white; 300g total Cilantro: 10g or 6 sprigs Onion: 1 Zucchini: 1 Apple: 1 Coconut milk: 165ml Tomato paste: 213ml Brown sugar: 5g Couscous: 100g with 1 cup of boiling water Curry […]
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- Sapporo Ichiban chow mein yakisoba: 2 packages
- Tofu: 80g
- Celery: 1 stalk, cut diagonally, small slices
- White mushrooms: 3, slice thinly
- Carrot: 1/2 medium carrot; cut in 3″ lengthwise, 2mm width thin slices
- Cabbage: 1/8 of a cabbage, cut roughly in small pieces
- Bell pepper: 1 small, cut in small slices
- Salmon: 1 fillet piece of preferred size
- Lime: 1/4
- Salt and pepper
- Cooking oil
- Scallions: 1 stem, chopped finely
- Wash and dry produce. Cut the celery, white mushrooms, carrot, cabbage, and bell pepper.
- In a large pan, pour 500ml of water, heat to a boil and put noodles and seasoning package in.
- While noodle cooks and absorbs broth, stir fry vegetables in another large pan.
- Combine the two pans and toss well. Add scallions.
Preparing the salmon
- Season salmon with 1/4 of lime juice, zest, and salt and pepper
- Place parchment paper on medium-size pan. Drizzle cooking oil on paper.
- On medium high, cook salmon about 3-5 minutes each side, or until cooked
Plate yakisoba from pan to dish and put salmon on top. Enjoy!
Servings: 3 Preparation: 5 minutes Cooking time: 5-10 minutes Ingredients Dried seaweed: Amount depending on preference Miso paste: 3 tbsp Water: 4 cups Mushrooms: Any kind and amount depends on preference Scallions: 1 stem. Thinly slice white part and put in soup. Green part to garnish […]
Servings: 3 Preparation: 15 minutes Cooking time: 20 minutes Ingredients Zucchini: 1 medium size, grated with skin on Carrot: 1 medium size, grated without skin Russel potato: 1 medium size, grated without skin Scallion: 1 stem, chopped finely Salt and pepper Chinese vinegar Lao Gan Ma chili sauce […]
Preparation: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes – 1 hr
- Chicken drumsticks: 5-6
- Shrimps: 150g
- Yellow onion: 1/2
- Garlic: 1 clove
- Arborio rice: 3/4 cup
- Chorizo: 45g (precut)
- Chicken concentrate: 3/4 tbsp + 3 cups of water
- Mango and lime salsa: 4 tbsp
- Sugar snap peas: 1 cup, chopped into 1cm width
- Smoked paprika: 1 tsp
- Cilantro: 10 sprigs, finely chopped
- Cherry tomatoes: 130g
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- Basil: to garnish
- Cooking oil
- Lime: 1
- Preheat oven to 425 F
- Finely chop 1/2 of the onion and garlic
- Mix chicken concentrate with water
- Prepare the shrimps. I used peeled and cooked shrimps to save time
Cooking the chicken
- Wash and dry the chicken with paper towel and season with smoked paprika, salt, and pepper. Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side. Place on baking pan lined with parchment paper and bake for 25-35 minutes, or until completely cooked.
Cooking the rice
- Drizzle some cooking oil into a large pan and add finely chopped onion and garlic with the chorizo. Cook for about 1 minute, until fragrant.
- Add 3/4 cup of rice and salsa, stirring and cooking for 1 minute
- Pour in 2 cups of the chicken broth, reserving 1 cup. Season well with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes under low heat. Stir and add remaining broth if needed so rice is al dente. If you want a crust under the rice, don’t stir.
- Add cherry tomatoes and cover lid for the mentioned duration of time
Finishing the dish
- Place the chicken drumsticks into rice pan along with shrimps, cilantro, and sugar snap peas. May use peas for a softer texture and sugar peas for a nice crunch
- Cook for about 2 minutes, or until shrimp is no longer cold. If you over cook, shrimps will harden and overcook. If you use uncooked shrimps, cook for about 5 minutes, or until shrimp turns pink
- Zest lime over meal and squeeze some lime juice for a bright, citric taste
- Garnish with dry or fresh basil and ground pepper
Eat from pan or transfer to plate and enjoy!
Servings: 2 Preparation: 15 minutes Cooking time: 30 minutes Ingredients Cooking oil: 1tbsp Salt and pepper Granulated Sugar: 1tbsp Brown sugar: 1 tsp Minced or grated garlic: 4 cloves Lime: 1. 1tbsp for sauce Fish sauce: 1 tbsp + 1 tsp Carrot: 2.5 inch Chinese chili […]
Servings: 2 Preparation: 15 minutes Cooking time: 25 minutes Ingredients Butter: 1 tbsp Salt and pepper Cooking or olive oil Beef steak: about 340g Potatoes and or yam: about 350-450g Green onions: 2 stems Dill: 10g/ 2 tbsp Peppercorn: whole or ground, 10g Coriander seeds: 10g […]
Preparation: 5 minutes
Cooking: 25 minutes
- Boneless, skinless chicken thighs: 4
- Spinach: 200g. Snip spinach leaves and cut stems into 2 inches length
- Dill: 6 sprigs, cut into small pieces
- Yellow Onion: 1/2 large, cut into thin slices
- Basmati rice: 157g
- Apple cider vinegar: 20 ml
- Dried currants: 35g
- Labneh/sour cream or plain yogurt: 4-6tbsp
- Lime: zest, 1/4 lime more or less of juice
- Curry spice mix
- Simply organic curry powder: 2 tsp
- Ground pepper: 1/2 tsp
- Kosher salt: 1/4 tsp
- Fennel seeds: 1/2 tsp
- Roughly chop dills
- Slice onions thinly
- Wash spinach and break spinach leaves, cut the stems to about 2″ long length wise
Making the dip
- Using labneh, sour cream or plain yogurt, scoop 4-6 tbsp. Zest lime. Add some lime juice (optional). Add 1/2 of the chopped dill and season with salt and pepper
Cooking the rice
- Wash the rice until water is clear
- Add 1.5 cups of water and rice into rice cooker. Add dried currants, half of the spice blend, and 1/4 tsp of salt. Stir and let the machine cook
- Heat a large pan and drizzle some cooking oil on medium high
- Add onions, stirring occasionally for 4-6 minutes then season with salt and pepper
- Add apple cider vinegar and 1 tbsp of water
- Continue to cook and stir occasionally for 3-4 minutes until onions are browned and the liquid is reduced
- Combine the spinach, stir occasionally for about 1 minute, season again with salt and pepper
- Combine the rice and mix everything in pan
Cooking the chicken
- Wash and dry the chicken with paper towel then season the chicken with half of the remaining spices and salt and pepper.
- In a large pan, drizzle cooking oil into pan on medium high. Add the chicken to the pan and cook partially covered for 4 to 6 minutes each side
Place the rice on a plate with chicken on top. Garnish the dish with some dill. Enjoy!
Servings: 2 Preparation time: 5 mins Cooking time: 20 mins Ingredients Meatballs: Superstore Italian meatballs 1.8kg for $10. 9 per serving, so 18 meatballs Pasta: Superstore tagliatelle fresh pasta with 1-2 minutes of cooking time. The package comes in 700g. Each serving is 4 bunches, […]